Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Low Fat Brownie Bites

I've never been one to make stuff from scratch or with fresh veggies. I mean, my grocery shopping is 90% canned items. I've slowly started buying frozen veggies and I realize I like them a lot more. They have more flavor and taste a lot better. So the thought of me making brownies, from scratch, was completely new territory for me. I've always been a box mix kind of girl. However, with this whole weight loss thing I knew that box brownies & all other sweets were going to be very, very few and really far between.

Then my random sweet tooth attacked me.....which lead to me ferociously googling healthy dessert recipes. I came across quite a few. The first one (pina colada cupcakes) was TERRIBLE. My husband & I barely ate one cupcake and I threw the rest out along with the recipe. So I was a little nervous about the brownies. If they turned out as horrible as the cupcakes I was going to scrap all my healthy dessert recipes and rob the nearest gas station of all their Milky Ways & Twix.

The brownies called for just a few recipes and is really simple. Simple is good. I didn't start cooking until last year (I'm 27 now & I  avoided the stove like it was a carrier of the bubonic plague) so I like simple recipes.

The brownie bites called for:







  • 2 tbsp margarine
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
  • nonstick cooking spray
  • 1 tsp powdered sugar

  • I don't have the margarine in the picture because I used the last of mine on the brownies. Guess I need to pick some up this week...
    Keriyo Emoticons 17 Icon


    Once you have all the ingredients together, things keep going easy as pie (or brownies, in this case).

    1. In a small saucepan: melt the margarine & remove from heat.
    2. Stir in sugar, vanilla & water.
    3. Stir in flour, cocoa powder & baking powder & mix well.
    4. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
    5. Spray the bottom of a 8x4x2 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray & pour the batter in.

         6.  Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Mine actually cooked closer to 40 minutes before it was done.
         7. Cool thoroughly & remove from pan
         8. Cut into 8 bars, sprinkle with powdered sugar & serve!



    I was worried about how they would taste but considering my husband devoured his 4 bars in a few minutes & had powdered sugar all over him....I'd say they were good. Naturally, as soon as they were done I had no desire for chocolate & my sweet tooth had packed it's bags and left town. I've been nibbling on it the past day or so and it's really good. This is definitely a recipe that I will keep and make again.

    Obviously, I skipped the "cut into 8 bars part." There is only my husband and myself so I just cut the thing in half...lol







    The Totals
    Servings: 8
    Serving Size: 1/8th
    WW Points Plus: 3


    Until next time:
    >>Alicia<<





    0 comments:

    Post a Comment