Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

3 Days of Food!

So I haven't posted my meals for the past few days. It's not that I forgot or I've already slacked off. Actually, I don't get off of work till 8:00pm so by the time I get home, eat dinner and get a chance to actually rest....it's 10:00pm or so. At that point I don't feel like dragging out the laptop and writing up a post. With that being said, the food journal will still be around and I'll still post about what I eat but it won't be every day. I'm thinking of making it every 3 days or so...but we'll see. Now....

ON TO THE FOOD!!!


Sunday, August 12, 2012


Sunday's are my total "indulgence" days. It's also the day that the hubby and I go to his mom's & aunt's for dinner and spend the day with them. I decided when I started my diet that Sunday's would be the day that I wouldn't worry about eating healthy or counting points or anything that had to do with "diet." Matt's mom & aunt cook some great food and I didn't want them to suddenly be concerned with keeping it healthy or making something I can eat. They already worry about what they cook. No matter how much they cook; it isn't "enough." So, this past Sunday we had hot dogs, hamburgers, potatoes baked in butter/salt/pepper and home made coleslaw.


I know it shows a lot on my plate but the truth is I only ate the hot dog and about half the potatoes. The rest was packed up and I ate it for dinner that night. As always, his mom and aunt are great cooks.

Monday August 13, 2012

Breakfast
Breakfast today was a smoothie. I've been on a smoothie kick. I'm really determined to find one that is completely delicious and fits perfectly into a diet. 


Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Silk Almond Milk: Vanilla & Unsweetened. I tried Almond Milk recently and I have to say I absolutely LOVE IT!! If you've never tried it, do. Just know that it doesn't taste like regular milk because, honestly, it doesn't come from the same place milk does....
    • 1 Weight Watchers Point
  • 1 Serving of Great Value Vanilla Pudding. Adding instant pudding was actually Cas's idea. She also said to put protein powder but considering I'm cheap and I couldn't find any that fit into my price range, I left it out. However, that is something you may want to add.
    • 2 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1 Serving Laura Lynn Nonfat Greek Yogurt. It's the same brand of yogurt from the previous food post. I think this week I'll buy some flavored and see how that works.
    • 2 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1 Cup of Dole Pre-Cut Strawberries, Bananas, & Peaches. This is in the frozen section and actually comes cut up small enough for smoothies. I think it even says on the bag that it's cut down for "Smoothie Size." 
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
This smoothie came out thick like a milkshake. It was really good and I had that thing devoured in no time. It tasted great and it actually keep me full till my first break at work. All this for only 5 Weight Watcher Points!!

Snack Time
On my first 15 minute break at work I had a snack of a cheese stick and a beef jerky. It was a nice snack and it kept me full until my lunch at 4:00pm. Speaking of snack, I found these great snacks from Quaker that are only 2 Weight Watcher Points per pack. I'll be doing a journal entry on these later this week so stay tuned!

Lunch
For lunch that day I a sandwich wrap. It was turkey, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and cheese in a whole wheat tortilla.

In the picture, you see 2 sandwich wraps but I only ate one. Apparently I wasn't as hungry as I had originally thought.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Medium Whole Wheat Tortilla. I still don't know what brand is in my fridge...lol
    • 2 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1/2 Tbsp of Mustard. 
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1/8 Cup of Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese. 
    • 1 Weight Watchers Points
  • 2 Cups of Romaine Lettuce. I'm still in love with romaine lettuce!!
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1 Cup of Tomatoes.
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 2 oz of Honey Turkey. Any brand is fine, just make sure you follow the serving size. The brand I used is Carl Budding.
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1/2 Tbsp Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise.
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
This lunch was good but not great. I think it would have been better if I had heated up the lunch meat a little bit first. However, it did fill me up and I wasn't hungry again till I got home that night. The great thing about the whole wheat tortillas is that you can literally put ANYTHING in them and make a tasty and delicious wrap. The wrap came in at a total of 3 Weight Watchers Points.

Dinner
Dinner that night was spaghetti with whole wheat noodles, lean ground beef, mushrooms and spaghetti sauce. I was pretty hungry when it got done cooking....I ended up eating it without taking a picture. Sorry!! LOL

Ingredients:
  • 1 Serving of Mushrooms. We generally go with the canned mushrooms. 
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1 Serving 86%/14% Lean Ground Beef. I know beef isn't the best thing for you but if you make it lean and don't eat it constantly then you will be okay. 
    • 5 Weight Watchers Points
  • 2 Servings of Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles. These noodles cost me a lot of points but they were really good and, in the end, worth it to me.
    • 10 Weight Watchers Points
  • 3 Servings of Del Monte Traditional Spaghetti Sauce. 
    • 5 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1 Oz. of Parmesan Cheese.
    • 3 Weight Watchers Points.
Like I said earlier, I forgot to take a picture but this dinner was really filling and I actually felt like I had ate too much. The meal did cost me a total of 23 Weight Watchers Points. However, dinner is the only full meal I usually eat. During the day I try to keep my breakfast and lunch small and have a nice dinner. If I blow breakfast or lunch then I make it up by having a smaller dinner. 

Tuesday August 14, 2012

Breakfast
Breakfast was.....a smoothie! I'm still on my smoothie kick and I don't see it ending any time soon. This smoothie was changed a little. As you'll see in the ingredients below.



Ingredients:
  • 1/4 Serving Laura Lynn NonFat Greek Yogurt. This morning I just went with half of the container. I know I only listed less than that, but I'll explain why later.
    • 1 Weight Watchers Point
  • 1/2 Serving Dole Strawberries, Bananas, & Peaches. 
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1/2 Serving Silk Almond Milk, Vanilla/Unsweetened.
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1/4 Cups Oats, Old Fashioned & Uncooked. 
    • 2 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1/4 Serving Instant Vanilla Pudding.
    • 1 Weight Watchers Point
I just threw all of the ingredients into the cup for the Magic Bullet and mixed. I actually used half a serving of everything listed except for the Almond Milk and the Dole Fruit. The oatmeal gave it a nice taste and made me feel fuller quicker. I actually only drank half of it and was absolutely stuffed. It had a great taste and a nice texture. It wasn't as thick as the one from Monday but I think I enjoyed this one better. It cost me a total of 4 Weight Watchers Points and is something I will make again.

Snack Time
My break time snack today was actually the same as yesterday. Sargento Colby-Jack Cheese Sticks and a Jack's Links Beef Jerky. YUMMY!

Lunch
Lunch today was a total cheat day. It wasn't suppose to be a indulgence meal but I am out of stuff for my lunches and I just haven't made it by the grocery store yet. I know, I know. I need to quit being so lazy and go. 

I had a McDonald's Premium Salad: Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled Chicken. The salad was delicious and kept me full until I got home. The salad cost me a total of 6 Weight Watchers Points. The salad dressing, however, was not so friendly. I got a little greedy and got 2 packages of Newman's Own Caesar Dressing. Those 2 packages cost me 10 Weight Watchers Points. I wasn't happy about that at all. It cost me greatly to go out. A total of 16 Weight Watchers Points. UGH!!!

Dinner
Dinner tonight was another chicken salad....and I forgot to take the picture again. I'm so forgetful once I get home in the evenings. 

Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups of Romaine Lettuce.
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 3 Oz. of Skinless, Boneless Chicken. You can use any boneless, skinless chicken. Matt and I have became HUGE fans of Ingles frozen chicken tenders. They are quick and easy to thaw out & cook and taste great!
    • 3 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1 Cup Tomatoes - chopped.
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1/2 Cup Cucumber - chopped.
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 1/8 Onions - chopped.
    • 0 Weight Watchers Points
  • 2 Tbsp Light Caeser Dressing. Any brand will do...I have this brand called Maple Grove Farms. It's usually on sale and tastes wonderful.
    • 2 Weight Watchers Points
Dinner tonight was a small chicken salad that cost me a total of 5 Weight Watchers Points. The salad was delicious but as I write ALL of this, I'm hungry again. I should have made the salad a bit bigger or fixed something to go with it. It is something I'll have again because salads are a great staple to my diet.




There you go! Everything I had to eat for the past 3 days! I will be doing a post about the snacks I mentioned above. Again, they are by Quaker and only cost 2 Weight Watchers Points and they are also 90 Calories a pack. So check back in a few days and see what else I've had to eat. Also, this week I will do a post for my weekly weigh in. I'll let you know what I lost and how much more I have to go.

Until next time.....

Alicia

2 comments:

fitnessunscripted.com said...

Can you let me know what device you are using to make your smoothies? Is that the bullet? I have a blender but it's a royal PIA to clean. Looking for options. ~ Jen J.

2 Fat Girls said...

I use a Magic Bullet. My husband got one for Christmas 2 years ago...it's so easy to clean and it comes with these cups that you can actually mix the smoothie in so you literally mix & go! It's the best thing ever.

Post a Comment