Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, August 13, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal

Hi this is Cas. I haven't posted yet because I am currently pregnant with my 3rd baby so I am not dieting. However that does not mean that I can't eat healthy.  Since I have a 3 year old and a 2 year old I am always looking for healthy recipes we can all enjoy. So far I haven't been very successful at getting them to eat oatmeal. To be honest I myself have a hard time with it too. Because I want the sticky sweet kind my Mom used to make. You know the kind...lots of butter, sugar and whole milk. Which you know kind of takes the point out of oatmeal being good for you. I mean it supposed to be in there fighting to help your cholesterol...but after you add all that other stuff I am pretty sure it just gives up. I have had the recipe for a while. Before pinterest came along I just kept a big file of recipes here on my computer. I am not sure who to give credit to but these were good. I made them with hope that it would be something I would like as well as my kids.. and I wasn't disappointed. My kids ate them and loved them.. I loved them..and then my picky husband even liked them. So this is an all around winner. The good thing is these can be made ahead and kept in the fridge or freezer..just microwave till warm.


Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Singles
Ingredients:
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1 egg
1 ¼ cups skim milk
¾ c mashed bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 18 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, egg, mashed banana, milk and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until blended together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Spoon the oatmeal mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake uncovered for 18-22 minutes or until oatmeal is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Yields 18 oatmeal singles. Weight Watchers Points Plus: 3 per single

 127 calories, 22g carbs, 4 g fat, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my recipe from my blog: http://www.emilybites.com/2012/01/banana-chocolate-chip-baked-oatmeal.html

Please provide credit to my site for using my recipe with a direct link back to the recipe on my blog.

Post a Comment